Friday 10 January 2014

January

Well its been a few days since my last blog and that's how its going to be, it'll probably be the end of the week blogs. I have had many things to talk about and been very tempted to blog! So here is a sum up of my week and the news and entertainment that's affected me :)
 
So its been quite a long week, the first full week back at work! Its been okay and have settled back in living over on the East Coast. A bit of drama with some of the other tenants but I just stay out the way and make sure the landlady is happy!
 
Yesterday was such a rollercoaster day. After a long day I got home and found with despair that Channel 5 have dropped Once Upon A Time one of my favourite US shows around at the moment!!!! Its very sad as there is no UK channels picked it up now!
 


Sad Farwell of Charlotte on LOST
So in my sadness I thought I would send a tweet to British Actress, Rebecca Mader who has starred in many of my favourite TV shows of LOST, Fringe and stars in the new Season of Once Upon A Time. I tweeted that its very sad that us UK fans cannot see her in the new season in the UK as nobody has picked it up!
 
 
 
 
Well to my surprise I got a message back!!!! Now anyone on twitter knows how rare it is for your favourite celebrities to acknowledge a tweet nevermind personally tweet or message! So I was over the moon now. The reply and tweet for all her 54 thousand followers to see was only "No :(" but it was amazing to know she had seen my tweet and personally replied. Someone who has starred in Iron Man 3 and my favourite ever show LOST as Charlotte! #ThisPlaceisDeath She had read my name, seen my tweet and felt she had to reply! I love her, I am proper fangirling right now!
 
My twitter then went into meltdown with loads of people retweeting, favouriting replying and adding their despair at the news of OUAT in the UK! Later in the day I mentioned how one of my favourite actresses from my three favourite shows had tweeted me earlier and without tagging her in it (@BexMader) or mentioning who, it was favourited by none other the fabulous lady herself!
 
It was an amazing day for such a big fan of all 3 shows in which she was involved!
 
 
Okay, okay I will stop fangirlling now.
 
And I will start again.... Game of thrones!!!
 
OMGeeee its back on April 6th with a trailer coming this Sunday! Well I say back, I'm still currently on Season 3 catching up with the repeats they are putting on Sky Atlantic but wooo will be a good transition from Se 3 into the new season! (UK wont be long after) 

Anyway did you know! That a slug discovered this week has been named after a Game of thrones Character:
 
A newly discovered sea slug has been named after Game of Thrones character Daenerys Targaryen.
Also known as Khaleesi in the series, she is played by Emilia Clarke and has long bonde hair which researchers have linked to the pale appearance of the slug.
The slimy creature is the newest addition to the Tritoniidae family, and has been aptly named Tritonia khaleesi. The Tritoniidaes live in warm seas and have a pale white body and small fins.


 
It was discovered off the northeastern coast of Brazil.
According to Brazilian reports, the Tritonia khaleesi is easily distinguishable from other sea slugs because of its 10–14 rows of denticles on its inner lip, different teeth and absence of stomach plates.
 
 
Other amazing news this week is that Bastille have been given 4 nods for this years Brit Awards. Alongside Disclousre (also brill) they both lead with the most nominations and both are new to the music scene this year. They are nominated for Best Breakthrough, Best Album, Best Single and British Group!
Good luck to them both its has been an amazing year for both and are well deserved. But for me Bastille have to get some awards for their amazing year!
 
Other news that's caught my eye is the British storms:
December and January have been horrendously stormy months I cant believe how bad its been, from the Storm surge along the East Coast to the constant battering along the West and South Coasts since New Year with surges and high waves.
 

 
December was actually the windiest since 1963, the wettest since 1993 and saw the worst storm surge on the East Coast since 1953. But there are likely to be more records broken as the storms continue to wreak havoc. Tens of Red "Risk to life" flood warnings were issued along coastal areas with over 200 warnings and alerts nearly every day during the storms. Unfortunately 8 people have been killed in the Storms since 21st December.
 
 
These pictures via BBC show the impact its had on our natural coastline and how huge amounts of rocks have been eroded away.
 
 
Somebody managed to capture the moment a huge section of cliff collapsed in Aberyswyth that's coast was devastated by the waves.
 
 
 
This video shows Blackpool area affected by the Storm surges, high tides and rough seas. For a place that I have been to many times it was crazy to see! To say the sea at Blackpool is normally 1 mile offshore and just flat sands it was mental to see how bad it was.
 
 
Hundreds of millions of pounds of damage has been caused by the storms to properties and businesses. Even now though weather is calming down flooding is continuing and worsening in places. The Thames is flowing ten times more water than average!
 
Over in the US a "Polar Vortex" has seen temperatures lower than on the surface of Mars at the time. Down to -48C with heavy snowfall and dangerous freezing temperatures. Videos of freezing clothes and freezing water have been seen online and this satellite picture shows the extent to the storm which saw a town named Hell covered in snow which led to many news channels visiting stating that "Hell had frozen over"
 
 
So it has been a crazy few weeks! But things are settling down now, both in terms of weather and post Christmas / move activities.
 
Hope you have had a good start to the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment