Thursday 3 October 2013

Good news at last!

So after months of waiting, yesterday I finally got the phone call I had been waiting for. As a result of an interview the previous week I had gained myself a graduate job, in something that I really wanted to be in!
 
It's such a good feeling, showing that I can do it! That I came across well in the interview and that after waiting all this time I have finally got the right job for me!

This comes after months of job searching, endless cover letters and applications and an odd interview or two. It doesn't half get you down whilst applying for jobs. These summer months have been really hard. I mean during this time I did have a job, which was good to take my mind off looking, but I did really want a job to do with my degree and put use my passion for my subject.

But yes there were some really down days. When other people were being successful or when it gets to a point when people have been working a whole year and you are still trying to find that right job and when you are just hearing nothing back from the companies. But it does pay off, eventually you do get the job you want. 

I had to wait a long time but finally my luck changed and I bagged it!

I now have the big move to deal with, finding a place to live. So spending weeks looking at rentals is my next few weeks sorted. I am going to have to move to Norfolk right on the opposite side of the country. I feel that this is going to be the hardest thing as I have such a close family and some amazing friends, that I will dearly miss. But I will be back and need to embrace this change.
 
I am really excited to start and finally kick off my career in a great position. I can't wait to get my own place and start the adult life that many people have been doing for a while out of my friends. The progression that is on offer in this position is excellent and hopefully I can finally become a Geologist in industry!

I begin at the start of November! So check back and see how I am getting on!

But for those who are still looking! Your time will come, it will be tough but you just have to get through it. The right position is out there for you!
 
#IveGotAJobBlog

No comments:

Post a Comment