Wednesday 11 December 2013

What a Weekend

So this weekend has been a great one, it consisted of visiting the capital and visiting my brother who is at University there! So after having to drive half of my journey because of damaged train lines after the storm surge, which was also disrupted with roads closed... I managed to wind myself to Ipswich where I got the train. Met up with brother in the centre of London and went along South Bank and the Christmassy Markets, had a few drinks, celebrity spotted kids presenter Joel, from JK and Joel in a pub and had tea in the tiniest little dodgy yet cute, cosey and awesome little café in the centre! We looked round Trafalgar, Picadilly and Leicester square before making are way back to Waterloo. It was extremely busy and any plans for Christmas shopping were well out of the window.
 
 
After getting the train to Kingston and a short nap we returned to London with some of his uni mates to go to an amazing rooftop party! He had got some tickets via an app to an amazing rooftop bar overlooking St Pauls Cathedral!
 
It was stunning! The ten pound ticket got us entry, free mulled wine and they had an ice luge, in which one would place a shot of vodka at the top whilst you caught it at the bottom of the luge in your mouth! There was a snow machine and it really was the best place ever for a party! The prices were a little high for drinks but we found the cheap-er ones and avoided the tables as they were pricey. Window tables were £500 for the night!
 
 
Anyways we stayed there the whole night, the DJ was the best too, kept everyone on the dance floor and played house with some classics and chart tracks! The party went on into the early hours, it was so cool and felt like I was living the high life and partying with the stars. Wasn't bad for a first night out in London! Rooftop party across from St Pauls Cathedral :)
In fact I would go as far as saying it was one of the best nights of my life!
 
 
My brothers mates were hilarious I remember leaving the party getting on the wrong bus and then having to walk across the city and south bank to get the right one! Falling in a bush and then finally getting home at half four!
 
The following day I was nackered! But not that hungover (woo) and we walked into Kingston to do some shopping ( a little) whilst there I happened to bump into one of my best mates from uni! What were the chances of it I don't know, I am still shocked now! I didn't want to let her go after a big hug!
 
Then I had to go back home via train and the car.
 
Overall one of the best weekends of the year. Epic being in London at Christmas and that night well wow!
 
LOVELY! and I somehow didn't even spend that much :)
 

Hope you're weekends were as fun!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment