Friday 11 January 2013

My top 12 moments of 2012

2012 was a great year and so many amazing things happened in my lifeeee. Here is my top 12 things that I did in 2012 in chronologicalisedish orderings....
 
 
Roses 2012
Around May time at the start of second term Lancaster University hosts one of the largest inter-varsity events outside of America with Lancaster taking on York University in sport events over a weekend! The name of the competition is Roses! I had an integral role this year being a director and camera man for LA1:TV in the swimming pool! Lancaster won...wooo! :) and adding the TVness ness on top of the already amazing weekend it was a great weekend and one I will always remember!

Sicily: Volcanology Field Trip
Over Easter I went to Sicily!!!!! To see Mt Etna and its volcanic activity which was exciting :) Time was spent with great friends during all the field work and the many meals we went out for. Our poor understanding of Italian was hilarious, bum sliding down the side of Mt Etna was also fantastic and very very drunk night out in Catania was a bonus! Though the night sleeping on Gatwick floor was not fun!
 
Grandad and Eileens Wedding
In 2012 my Grandad and the lovely Noona tied the knot in an amazing ceremony and having all the family there was fantastic including the clan from Holland!
 
 
Jubilee Weekend
This weekend was a very patriotic one all the nationwide festivities was amazing and tv coverage and celebrations on nights out. I also went up to Darwen Tower to see the lighting of one of the jubilee beacons aswell as seeing the little brick rocket lit up in red white and blue!

Coldplay
I got to see Coldplay which was one of the best gigs I have ever been too.! They have amazing songs and the atmosphere was electric. The fact the entire audience turned into a disco light too was epic, though my wristband didn't work :( fail.

Grad Ball and Extravs
So the end of Uni arrived and there ensued some very emotional few weeks realising it was all over! But also some of the best nights out ever! Including Grad Ball and Lonnie Extrav!

T in the Park
A very wet weekend in Scotland?! Hass to be T in the Park! And my it was wet with 2ft flood mudwater across the majority of the festival it was a bit bleak but that didn't dampen spirits and the bands and artist we went to see were amazing! Two Door Cinema Club, Snow Patrol and Kasabian definitely were some of the faves.
Tilt Head Here

Holland
Soon after a family holiday in Holland was on the cards and this was amazing! Got to see a new county and see were the new family members live along with a Dutch Theme park and the sights sounds tastes and smells of Amsterdam. Also there was a taste of summer and a pinch of bikes with a seasoning of alcohol!

My 21st
This was not a seasoning of alcohol, more of a huge dollop! This party saw all my family members make lethal cocktails and them pouring wine in all my mates gobs!
I don't think there was a single one of my mates or family that was not hungover!
 

London and the Olympics/Paralympics
So I managed to get tickets for the Olympic Park but not an event but that doesn't mean I couldn't soak up the atmosphere and be there on the momentus occasion! The park was so cool and the atmosphere just out of this world! Got to see some of the sites of London too and also a Circus in picadilly circus and millions of feathers!!!!

Gran Canaria
As we came into winter we jetted off to see the sun! Though it was in short supply there too, a few tropical thundery days so the pools flood, the hotel leak and the beach eroded away. But the sun did come out and met some awesome people and had a merry old time

Christmas
Finally, Christmas! Who doesn't think its one of the best times of the year! It was especially good as I could spend the whole run up to it at home which hasn't happened in a while :)
 
 
All in all a fantastic year!
how about yours...

No comments:

Post a Comment