Saturday 11 May 2013

Star Wars Ep VII to be made in the UK

A few weeks ago I mentioned about Star Wars filming scenes in the Scottish Highlands and the Isle of Skye with its remote and other wordly mountainous areas and rock formations. But today it was announced that the whole film will be made in the UK!
 
 
Previous Star Wars films have been made in the UK, at Elstree, Shepperton and Leavesden studios but it is greatly tipped that filming will take place in the huge Pinetree studios. Its great news for the UK, for fans and our media industries. It is great to see that the UK is still bringing in the huge films.
 
The Twittersphere is a buzz with excitement over this with #britishstarwars trending. Here are some of my favourites:  
 
Anakin had spent his childhood living as a slave, but social services visited 8 times and found no cause for concern.
 
I've done a H&S assessment on your death star Mr. Vader and you're going to have to install more wheelchair ramps."
 
'The Empire was granted planning permission for their Death Star, as long as they also built 50 affordable houses with it'.
 
"I'm afraid, my lord, the Death Star is not only behind schedule, it's also horribly over budget.
 
Next week on The Jeremy Kyle Show: My Father Cut My Hand Off
 
I really want to find out how to become an extra in these films!!! Help?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment