Sunday 19 May 2013

Eurovision and GoApe

This weekend was an exciting one, not only did I have the delights of watching Eurovision.... I went to the Lakes to take part in the UKs highest high ropes course at GoApe Grizedale!
 
Now I'm back home after a busy day climbing and jumping from trees and after numerous train journeys I am completelyyyyyy exhausted also helped by a poor nights sleep dreaming of Eurovision.
 
But it was really fun. I watched Denmark win from a college campus bar back at Lancaster fiiiiilled with people and squished in a corner, drinking and cheering on our countries. We had picked out the countries from a hat, I had Iceland and Italy... wooo. Two male singers.... singing really slow power ballads.....dressed in suits....with no flashing lights.....no fireworks.... no excitement and oh yeh they sang in their own language. I had no chance of winning!!! And I was right, but I didn't do too bad, surprisingly Italy got quite a few points and an occasional 12!! But Iceland didn't do too well.
 
Go Ape was great though, I had done that course a few times but a few hadn't and it was funny to see how they got on. I tried to do the "No Hands" on the rope which was fun.... The whole apparatus was shaking and bouncing with my shaking legs! Its a really good thing to do and I would highly recommend it! One of my friends did end up getting stuck after a bit of a panic but was safely brought town. It was nice and dry too and was great to do with friends. Biggest regret was not wearing my monkey onesie! Next time maybe!
 
Anyways, a lot of sleep to catch up on along with a lot of TV like Doctor Who ahhhh
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment